We love to give gifts to friends and loved ones during Christmas, and we often have a hard time thinking of the perfect gift to express our appreciation for their love and support throughout the year, but also want our gifts to be within budget, but presentable, pretty and useful.
SO MANY DIFFERENT AND CUTE GIFT SETS!
I visited Watsons recently when they launched their holiday gift sets for 2018, and I was so amazed at the myriad gift sets – there were aisles and aisles of different sets to choose from! What’s nice about them is that most of them are already packaged beautifully – we won’t need much effort to gift wrap them at all. The exclusive gift sets are also priced from Buy 3 for P279 to Buy 3 for P399.
Many of the sets were so cute! There were ones that had matching cups, matching eye masks, matching headbands. There were sets for men and baby items, too. But I still haven’t finished making my list yet so I still did not know what to buy for whom, but now I have a good idea of what is available and can better plan the gift shopping.
WATSONS CARD – I SAVED P100 IMMEDIATELY!
We were also introduced to the new Watsons Card. This is different from the SM Advantage Card, but they can be linked if you want to.
The Watsons Card is only P100, and includes vouchers which I was able to make use of right away! You just need to fill up a short registration form.
The Watsons Card has no expiration. Yay! This means no annual membership fee. You earn points for every P200 spent, earn 2x points on Watsons brand products, and earn 5x points on your first transaction during your birthday month. You can read the Watsons Card FAQ here.
- 4 pcs. “P100 OFF on P1,000 worth of purchase” vouchers
- P100 OFF on P500 worth of Health & Beauty products at watsons.com.ph
- and a few other discounts. freebies and P100, P200 OFF with minimum purchase vouchers for Going Straight, Ideal Vision, Bioessence, Dermcare, Executive Optical, Flawless, Forever 21, Hi-Precision Diagnotics, The Medical City Clinic, QualiMed
Get the Watsons Card – you’re going to be buying from Watsons, anyway, might as well earn points and get P400 OFF, at least! 🙂 You can also earn two times bonus points when you buy the exclusive gift sets until Dec. 26, 2018.
I was able to use one voucher immediately – I got P100 OFF my P1,000 purchase. Bawi na agad yung P100 Watsons Card price, haha. Here’s what I got:
- Dove Gift Set (P199, includes a cute dispenser)
- Body Xpert Cheerful Glow Blue Gift Set (includes a notebook)
- Watsons Hand Soaps – I like the Watsons hand soaps because they don’t leave a slimy feeling after washing your hands and they smell nice; they are also Buy 1 Take 1 🙂
- Cotton pads for removing makeup
- Wet tissues – I always keep some in my bag, very useful
- A Bonne Spa Milk Salt – this was the original milk salt scrub that I used. I’m currently trying another brand but wanted to get a back up. Spa Milk Salt is the answer for smooth skin! Let me know if you want me to do a review 🙂
- Maybelline Fit Me Powder Foundation (P349) – I was a bit skeptical about this because the old square Fit Me Powder in the same shade (120) oxidizes on me and makes me look too yellow. But I’ve used this new one a few times already and I like the texture, the powder is really very fine. It’s on the lighter side and the shade is good for me – at first it’s really very white, but after a while, it starts looks natural. As for coverage, I still think it looks better with some concealer or BB cream underneath, but so far I’m really happy with this powder foundation. It looks better as the day passes and the foundation mixes with the oils on your face, if that makes sense…
- Wet n Wild Comfot Zone Eyeshadow Palette (P349) – this is the budget eyeshadow palette favorite of many of my favorite YouTubers. Wet N Wild is so difficult to find in Manila, I was planning to buy online from resellers na nga. It used to be at SM Department Stores but then it wasn’t. So I was so happy when I saw that Wet N Wild is available at the Watsons SM MoA branch! Only a few Watsons branches have Wet N Wild daw, unfortunately. I wanted to see why all my favorite US YouTubers always included this as their top pick, so I got one. I used it a few times and it is fantastic! Sorry, walang sinabi si Makeup Revolution compared to this, I have the Iconic Vitality palette. I like this Wet N Wild better than my branded eyeshadows! And it’s only P349! I get why it’s a budget favorite. The formula is so good – smooth, pigmented, creamy, not patchy. Now I’m researching if they have a peachy/coral/orange eyeshadow palette in this range because I prefer those colors. Keep an eye out for their Rose In The Air version, which is Wet N Wild’s dupe of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance. Out of stock that time, if it wasn’t, I was definitely going to buy one!
I also noticed that some of the Watsons branches are sporting a brighter, sleeker new look, and I like it!
For more information, you may visit www.watsons.com.ph or follow @watsonsph on Facebook and Instagram.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Please feel free to leave a comment below, I love hearing from you!