Instead of racking my brain thinking of where to eat, I tried compiling the restaurants that I have already tried and liked in this list, so I can be sure that the place is okay.
Since this is my personal list, I am only including restaurants where I have already dined at before. If you are looking for restaurant suggestions, hope my list helps you!
I’ll keep on updating this list when I think of something.
WHERE TO EAT?
BUFFETS around P500/person or less
- Sodam in San Juan – you will all smell like barbecue after, but it’s still the best experience for around P300+ per person; the place is always FULL, very in demand, advanced reservations needed
- Guevarra’s in San Juan – tried and tested!
- The Round Table in Kapitolyo – roast beef aficionados will love the eat-all-you-can of their signature roast beef! Only P200 – P300+ per person
TO MEET FOR COFFEE AND CATCH UP:
- Kandle Cafe in QC – beautiful interiors, very refreshing with lots of plants and water features, but very hip; it’s a very nice place to hang out; limited parking space
- Artsy Cafe along Panay Ave – I love their Crater Sandwich! Decor is pretty, too. Lots of parking space, and parking is FREE!
FOR THE BALIKBAYAN:
- Island Cove – good food, relaxing; only 20 minutes from SM MoA
- Singing Cooks & Waiters – good food & entertainment, but the place needs some renovation
- White Moon Bar, Hotel H2O – nice view of Manila Bay + sunset! Although the Luneta-like place you have to pass through to get there doesn’t look so inviting… you’ll be rewarded with a pretty sunset view; food and cocktails are so-so; but the decor is really very well done, you can pretend you’re somewhere in the Mediterranean…
- Marina Seafood Restaurant in QC – really good batchoy mami in malauhog coconut shell; for those who miss a delicious bowl of mami…
KARE-KARE / FILIPINO FOOD
- Serye – their kare-kare is very good and won a kare-kare contest!
- Marison’s – OMG I love their kare-kare! It’s sweet, and the tripe is breaded & fried, and the sauce uses ground cashew… omg omg omg… but it’s all the way in Antipolo!
- Komedor in Panay Ave – check out this Supreme Special Sizzling Bulalo, and it’s only P700!
RELAXING IN TAGAYTAY:
- Taza Fresh Table, Taal Vista Hotel, Tagaytay – literally farm-to-table; they source their ingredients from nearby farms; I love their fresh salads
- Buon Giorno in Twin Lakes, Tagaytay – Twin Lakes is a pretty spot to take visitors, especially if you want to escape the hustle and bustle of Metro Manila
- Gourmet Farms in Tagaytay – if you want to visit an actual lettuce / herb farm and eat the freshest vegetables! Farm tours need to be scheduled beforehand.
TRY IT NOW!
While it’s new!
- Mighty Quinn’s BBQ – you know they say restaurant food is the best when it just opened, with all the original chefs still there… this import from NYC just opened today and their slow-cooked brisket and spareribs are amazing… get it while it’s hot!
- Kos Greek Ouzeri in UP Town Center – chicken souvlaki FTW!
- Shrimp Bucket in UP Town Center – SHRIMP IN SALTED EGG SAUCE! Must try, seriously!
TRIED AND TESTED
Buy or borrow membership cards to get discounts; check for promos
- Manila Hotel Cafe Ilang-Ilang Buffet – suki pa rin kami after all these years…
- Spiral, Sofitel – biggest buffet with cheeses, etc…; mind-boggling array of choices, you won’t know how to fit everything you want into your stomach…
- House of Wagyu – still the best place to get good Wagyu with nice service; check for promos, sometimes they have 40% or 50% off if you use certain credit cards
- Wildflour – haven’t blogged about this yet, but every time we dine there, the food has always been outstanding!
- Cazuela – one of our family favorites; Spanish Colonial cuisine
FOR THE GAMBLERS:
- Cafe at the Hyatt (City of Dreams)
- Solaire (the food I have had at Solaire is quite good, although I’ve dined there mostly during events served by their different restaurants)
FEELING PANG IRON CHEF, but not outrageously expensive:
FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO HANG OUT IN BARS:
- Aracama – I liked the food, plus it’s in a nice location where you can barhop…
- On the 6th, or Gourmet Bar, Novotel – the Christmas lights are pretty, poolside; the place is not too rowdy
I am not a person who likes to hang out in bars, so my knowledge about bars is pretty limited… so far, these are the places where I liked the ambience and the food
FOND MEMORIES OF GOOD FOOD, BUT HAVEN’T TRIED THEM IN A WHILE SO WE MAY WANT TO REVISIT:
- Li Li (New World Manila Bay)
I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Please feel free to leave a comment below, I love hearing from you!