Check out this haul we got from Robinsons Otis Supermarket 2 days ago!
- Chunky Peanut Butter KitKat (P46.50 each orig price)
- Kiri with Cream (P106.00 per box orig price)
- Mini Babybel (P161.00 per 5-pack orig price)
- American Heritage Mild Cheddar (P173.00 per bar orig price)
- American Heritage Cream Cheese (P118.00 per tub orig price)
- Arla Natural Emmental (P236.00 per bar orig price)
- Havarti (P209.00 per bar orig price)
- Lurpak Salted Butter (P166.00 per bar orig price)
- Lurpak Unsalted Butter (P166.00 per bar orig price)
- President Ambassador Salted Butter (P63.50 per bar orig price)
- President Unsalted Butter (P168.00 per bar orig price)
- Laughing Cow Orig Toast Cheese Slices (P130.00 per pack orig price)
- Laughing Cow Light Cheese Slices (P130.00 per pack orig price)
Since all the items above are Buy 1 Take 1, our effective cost for each was half of the price listed above.
We don’t often see these Buy 1 Take 1s, so when we do, we take advantage of it and buy a lot. And we only find them maybe 3-4 times a year. The butters and cheeses should last us for quite a while.
A note on expiration dates – most of these items have expiration dates around end of March to April. We don’t see the expiration dates as a big deal. We keep them in the fridge and we find them really still good to use even after 6 months, with no deterioration or anything, as long as they are sealed and unopened. I put the butters inside a big ziploc bag so they won’t get any flavors from any strong cheeses.
Once one of the cheeses are opened, they need to be used up quickly (within a week or two), they tend to grow mold if left opened for longer. If you are okay with it, you can just generously slice off the moldy part and still use the remaining cheese, just make sure to get all the mold off, and use the cheese in a recipe where it will be cooked.
I find it better to just use up the whole thing, if possible, rather than worry about mold.
How do I plan to use the butters and cheeses?
- sandwiches and baon for the single slices and babybels
- cream cheese – cream cheese spreads / dips and for making cheesecake, or cream cheese frosting
- cheddar, etc… – ham & cheese paninis, macaroni & cheese, pasta, cheese cupcakes, toppings or fillings for baked stuff like baked pasta, baked chicken, salad toppings, salad dressings, etc…
- butters – to spread on things! I just love butter on everything, especially Japanese corn; also for baking cakes, brownies, cobblers, shortbread, etc… and for cooking buttered vegetables
More pictures so you can see the expiration dates!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Please feel free to leave a comment below, I love hearing from you!