Imagine a steaming basket of soupy Xiao Long Bao. Now imagine it at 50% OFF!
Yes, Xiao Long Bao is 50% OFF every Wednesday this month of November at Modern Shanghai.
If you’re new to the delicious wonder of Xiao Long Bao, it’s basically a dumpling that has a lot of “soup” inside. Unlike regular dumplings that you might find dry, Xiao Long Baos are intentionally made to have a soupy liquid.
How to eat Xiao Long Bao?
- Prepare your condiment – it’s usually some ginger and vinegar sauce.
- Wait for the xiao long bao to cool a bit. It should still be hot, but just hot enough so you won’t burn your tongue on it. Remember, it will have hot soup inside!
- Gently lift the xiao long bao with your chopsticks, preferably lifting the top part where the skin is “stronger”. Take care not to burst the dumpling or tear the skin.
- Dip xiao long bao in your sauce.
- Put the whole xiao long bao in your mouth to eat. DO NOT nibble on the xiao long bao or the soup will run out of the dumpling!
- Eat and savor the xiao long bao – the soft but resilient skin, the delicately flavored minced meat, the wonderful broth that bursts from the dumpling when you chew on it.
Modern Shanghai Branches:
SM Mall of Asia
I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Please feel free to leave a comment below, I love hearing from you!